Monday 5 December 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like...

Last December I had made my first quilt ever. Just 2 months after buying my FIRST sewing machine, I used some scraps and put together a table runner.


My mum (who is a veteran quilter) and I were out at a fabric store and saw this  tree skirt made from Michael Miller modern Christmas prints. I have always wanted a tree skirt but not feeling confident enough my mum quilted this one for me. 




There was enough fabric left over for me to make into something else. I had just found the great tutorials on YouTube by Missouri Star Quilt Company. They had an 'adorable' quilt-a-you-go Christmas table runner that I followed to make one for my table.


I had enough triangular-shaped off cuts to make bunting. You can never have too much bunting in your life. It makes me feel happy when I see it.



And then there was an unfinished quilt that my mum gave me. I was not convinced to make it into a wall hanging and so using the non-binding method, I turned it into a Christmas table cloth.



Then there are multiple other Christmas table runners and hanging quilts that my mum has made for our family.











Then there are the ones she made to give to her friends...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.