Thursday 16 February 2012

Scrap Bag Log Cabins

Last year I bought 2 Moda scrap bags. Most of the scraps were long strips not quite as thick as a jelly roll, but close enough.




I found myself with many strips of fabric in burgundy, brown and navy. And there was nearly a whole scrap bag of the gorgeous 'Hope' fabric.


WIP - Wednesday


So I set to work to make something for myself. I had never made a log cabin block before so I started on some. They were easier than I had expected and I couldn't stop at one!




Then I left them for 2 months until this week. I managed to finish the borders, baste and quilt both. 
I used basting spray as the job was so small


I made some binding using leftover cut-offs from my 'Astor Manor D9P' quilt. 


binding




sewing the binding on to the front




pinning the binding on


getting better at machine binding


The top one is for my side of the bed and the bottom for my husband's side.
Now I have plans to use a lot of the scraps to make a stacked coins quilt table runner to go on top of our naked dresser.



This week's stats:
Completed projects - 2 bedside table mats, 2 Craftsy BoM Feb blocks
New projects - None
On Hold - 1 custom strip quilt - will start when I receive 50% deposit , 1 Feb  scrappy log cabin quilt - once all the blocks come in
Currently in progress - scrappy coin table runner, 3 dolly quilts to back (still! Am thinking of using vintage sheet fabric for these).



How did you fare this week? Pop over to 'Freshly Pieced' to link to other WIP blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.