Tuesday 27 March 2012

The Week that Will Be

You know some weeks of life just have their own momentum. They appear on your calendar quite neutrally at first. An appointment here and a commitment there and suddenly a benign little week just turns into a monster!


That's how this week is shaping up for me. Like a MASSIVE juggernaut that I can't possibly stop.
TGIFF Will Be here THIS Friday!


Earlier this month I signed up to host 'Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday!', but not really expecting that I would be scheduled so soon. I am hosting TGIFF here this Friday! That's 5 days away! I have read all of the instructions from the site and have even sorted put my 'inlinkz' linky post. Finger's crossed that it comes online Thursday evening without any hiccups.


So remember to come back and visit and link up THIS Friday 30th March for your finished projects.


A Project to Finish


But I still need a finish right? And I had 2 March projects unfinished - the Quilt Club Australia Bee quilt top and  another Heather Ross 'Fussy Fairytales' top. Both need basting, quilting and binding. I think  that I have found a wonderful cause for the 'Bee' quilt to be donated to by May - and so that is the project I hope to finish by Friday (more crossing of fingers).


A mishap


I can't cross my toes because on the weekend I broke one! My left big toe. It was quite comical really...and I wish I had video footage of it myself...but we had a 10 Pin Bowling Party for my 8 year old son, Duncan, on Saturday and myself, my husband and one of the other dads decided to get our own lane and bowl along with the kids (in between helping them with their games). 




On about the 5th frame I got off balance releasing the ball and then stepped over the 'no go' line on the lane way and fell head over turkey twisting my foot and toe in the soft shoes. I went down hard and kind of lay there like a stricken rugby player calling upon my hypnobirthing breathing techniques that have served me well for 3 labours. I kind of slid off the laneway when others wanted me to stand up. I was able to finish up bowling the frames and lose gracefully.


I was bruised and limping but managed for the rest of the weekend. Today I just went to the GP to have it checked out. A bunch of X-rays let me know that I had fractured the first phalange of my left big toe.


A Meeting


I am meeting with Tristan's Early Intervention teacher from 2010, in the hope that I can utilise funding to engage her as a special support teacher for him at school.
A Presentation


I have to help Duncan prepare a talk and a powerpoint presentation on a pet - as we live in a 'no pets' estate - he has decided to focus on the wild wallabies that hang around our house. 
Another Meeting


Starting in May, Duncan has been accepted into a new program through Aspect here on the North Coast called 'Secret Agent Society'. I am going to a 2 hour training afternoon this Wednesday afternoon. The basic premise is that these children with Aspergers are put through a program where they become secret agents to spy on scenarios to gain social skills. It sounds absolutely wonderful and practical. He received his initial letter in the mail last week written in code and was intrigued as to why they would want to train him as a spy. "Do they even have spies in Australia mum?"
A Show


We are also taking our 3 kids to see the Arena version of 'How to Train Your Dragon' on Wednesday night. We have to travel 2 hours north to Brisbane and stay overnight with my folks and lose a day of school. The kids and I are so excited....but it means I lose a lot of sewing time this week.


I am also chasing up some deposits from MOPS mums so that we can go on an overnight retreat in May.


A Meal Plan


Here's what's on the menu at our house this week...




I'm linking up with...


1 comment:

  1. My goodness, you do have a busy week ahead! But a lot of fun stuff mixed in there. I hope that your toe heals so that you can get on with everything you have to do!

    I am loving the QCA bee quilt so far - can't wait to see that finished. And interested to know who you'll donate it to! :)

    Right, I'm off to get busy sewing so I have a finish to link up here on Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.