Wednesday 25 April 2012

Too Much Work in Progress

I have had so much fun this month doing the Zakka Style Sew-Along. The last 3 projects have been small enough to achieve with only a couple of hours of work. But it has been a bit detrimental to my quilting project list for April. I haven't really done much at all. Having 2 weeks of school holidays probably contributed to the big project avoidance.


So here's the tally of WiPs. 


1. Mystery Quilt
Started last weekend on the quilt retreat. I am not feeling much love for this quilt. I think it is the colour scheme and the lack of 'zing' with all the patterns coming together. I am more than halfway through the quilt top and just keep sewing but not excitedly. Pop over and see Kristy's completed quilt top and you'll see why mine is a bit lacklustre.


2. Fussy Fairytales
I have to create a quilt back for this one but I am totally uninspired at the moment. I am not sure if I should just use scraps (left) or the 4 panels (right) that came in under-sized for the front. You can see the light green backing fabric poking through.


3. Katie Jump Kites
I have cut of most of the Denyse Schmidt fabrics - still waiting on a couple of dark green prints to arrive from the US. I think I am going to pair these all with some Kona 'Ash' rather than Kona 'snow'. My lounge room is predominantly grey and I have plans to throw it over the couch or the dining table.



This week's stats:
Completed projects - ZSSA - Pin Cushion
                                            ZSSA - Sewing Kit
                                            3 selvedge pouches - see my first tutorial to make one of your own.
Currently in progress   - 'HR Far Far Away 2&3 Fussy Fairytales' quilt to piece a back for
                                               - Mystery Quilt - 1/2 quilt top pieced
                                               - Katie Jump Kites - still cutting fabric
                                    
New projects - Zero - and that makes me happy!

Woops! I nearly forgot to link to...






And acknowledge the many men and women 
who served and continue to serve 
Australia and New Zealand as members of the armed forces. 
The spirit of Anzac lives on. 

Lest we forget.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I like the little panels for the back of the Fairytale quilt. Maybe you could make them into a strip (adding in scraps to bring it to size) and put it off centre. Can't wait to see that stunning quilt all together!

    I see what you mean about the MQ. The Barclay snails get a bit lost don't they? But this quilt really does come into its own when put altogether so hopefully it will all pull together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the little panels, too. Don't leave them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your mystery quilt so far, maybe some crazy binding will make it pop.
    Use both the scraps and the panels!
    Love those fabrics for the Katie Jump Kites! Can't wait to see the progress on everything =D

    Also I've added some new fabrics into my swap shop. If you're interested feel free to check it out =D
    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/p/cheraldines-swap-shop.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.