Thursday 26 July 2012

Charming Trees Pattern

I am piecing something suburban for the Practically Piecing Blog Hop when it stops by here on August 20th.  I have already used Kristy's FREE PP 'House' block to make 8 houses for my neighbourhood. I wanted to add some trees to the mix.
Ok I am not a pattern designer - this is my first attempt. It is a VERY simple tree made for paper piecing novices like me. I designed it to be put together simply with just 4 charm squares. I have been using charms from the "Summersville' range to tie the blocks together - and adding some prints and solids from my own stash.
It is a paper pieced tree pattern that I put together as a hand drawing and then with some wonderful help from my Quiet Play friend Kristy, she turned it into a snazzy PDF version courtesy of EQ7.  
It is called 'Charming Trees' and the pattern comes to you FREE. You can download it here.  Let me know how you go using the pattern - I would like to hear your feedback.
And you can join in on the Blog Hop in August. Click on the link below.
 Practically Paper Piecing

6 comments:

  1. That is such a cool pattern. I think they would really suit a pillow =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your trees - they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such neat trees, well done you on your first paper-piecing pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh So Cute! Love these and yes I am agreeing with Cherie - I could see a row of trees in some pinks and greens in a long skinny cushion! Hmmm, might just have to have a go at this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great - I'm so into paper piecing right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just starting to paper piece and I'm loving it!! Great tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.