Friday 12 October 2012

Say "Wonky!"


Gosh I love little easy projects! Today I finished up the last of my 10 polaroid blocks for the Say Cheese! Swap hosted by Kristy at Quiet Play.



I also finished 2 wonky cross blocks for Kay  as part of the QCA Bee for October. Kay from Shocking Hocking asked for low volume fabric like grey, white, cream etc. 

So nice to have them done and posted off today.

For the next 4 days I will not be not getting much sewing done. My husband is away on a 200Km road bike trip, to raise money for the Dr Chris O'Brien Lifehouse Foundation to conquer cancer, this weekend. He has reached 72% of his goal to raise $2500, which is wonderful. You can find his page here. 

Dr Chris was an eminent head and neck oncologist at RPA hospital in Sydney when he was diagnosed with a brain tumour of his own. He had to become the patient and started the Foundation to seek a more wholistic and less impersonal treatment for cancer battlers. Sadly he lost his life to the disease but his kindness, compassion and legacy live on. He is dearly missed.

My husband Dean took up road cycling 12 months ago and loves going out twice a week on 50Km+ rides. I am proud of his commitment and for joining this very worthy fundraiser.

Linking up with...



Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts
and LAFF at Richard and Tanya Quilts

7 comments:

  1. Love quick and easy blocks! The polaroids look great!

    I have yet to do the wonky ones - maybe tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blocks and good on your hubby for fundraising for such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love polaroids! I have to try that sometime! Good luck to your husband -- a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are lovely and good luck to your husband with his fund raising. I wish him good cycling weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful blocks. It does feel good to finish something! I admire your DH for taking up cycling, and for doing this kind of fund raiser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P. S. Linked in from Richard's LAFF

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.