Thursday 7 February 2013

China on Display

Two weeks ago, after visiting Rainbow Patchwork in South Lismore, I stumbled upon a second hand furniture store called JJs Junk Shop. Don't let the title fool you. Inside I found plenty of lovely pieces that I could have made fit into my new home.


But I was a good girl. I took photos of a few pieces and later showed them to my husband to see if he agreed on buying them. Last Saturday he picked up a few pieces in his trailer. One of the prized pieces was a glass cabinet. Perfect for my collection of china tea sets to sit in. It even matches my sideboard!



It has been a while since I last purchased some tea sets for my collection.  But I spied some gorgeous Colclough china tea sets, sugar bowl and creamer on my favourite Etsy Store Nancy's Tea Shop. These pieces are going to fit right in with the pieces I already have.



And then there were these... Yes those are orange saucers!!!



I had packed away all of my sets when we moved and this week I was finally able to unpack them. Don't they look lovely in my new old cabinet?


Can you see? There are two half shelves for future additions. I may have found something else to order from my favourite English tea shop.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh that is a gorgeous cabinet! What a lovely way to display your tea sets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find! It is a perfect match with your sideboard. You must be really happy to have your collection on display so you can really enjoy it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for china display! Don't you love a lucky find like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cabinet is beautiful and just perfect for your lovely china sets. I keep my elephant collection in a cabinet which belonged to my grandmother.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.