Tuesday 13 August 2013

My Sewing Space

Lots of linkys to Sunday Stash #75 were also linking up to "Show me yours. I'll Show you Mine" over at Sarah's Quilts. What a great idea to show off how folks organise their stash. 



Cooincidently, I spent a day last week giving my stash a serious overhaul and a tidy. So my Sewing Space looks very good right now.  Trust me, it is not always so.


Each of these IKEA boxes contains things like t-shirts, elastic, buttons, FMQ practice, selvedges, vlisofix, ribbons, button making etc.


Here (where a built in was never, well, built in) I have crates organised into themes - solids, tone on tone, floral, Binding, Halloween, Christmas, Girls, Boys, Babies, Denyse Schmidt, Themes and Vintage Sheets. Before you gasp in horror at the amount - I would say that 40% of this was directly given to me by my quilting mother when I first started. Some worth keeping. Some I culled this past week.



Here are the two boxes of fabric I culled. I will write up a Sunday Stash post about these soon. I have started giving some of these away. The green zip up is Christmas fabric she gave me last time she visited. I have yet to sort through it.
Craft Books
Scraps sorted by colour. Rulers hanging on hooks.
Gorgeous cross stich my mum made, Hand Stamps in the Paris box and Business cards in the two drawers.
More Fabric - Heather Ross, Aneela Hooey, Civil War, Modern, French General, Patchwork pieces, Sketch, Repairs, T-Shirts, Dr Seuss.
Scraps to sort, Preschool Scraps and thread rubbish.
My Janome DC 2101, Snoopy cup from my childhood.
And down below the IKEA desk.
Bin, fan, overlocker, Beginner Machine
The IKEA drawers hold all the stuff you need close.




Blinds that double as a design wall

If you want to see the actual fabrics in my stash....why not join me here EACH Sunday for Sunday Stash? You are more than welcome to link up with your stash. There are 75 posts to catch up on vouyer fabric flashing in my stash.


Linking up with...





6 comments:

  1. Looks pretty well organized. Impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm really inspired seeing this! Thanks for sharing and showing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've organised your sewing room Fiona! I need an overhaul on my little sewing corner I think!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are super organized. I which I could say the same. I need an overhaul too! Thanks for sharing Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you linked up! Thank you!

    So you do large cuts by theme (or designer) and scraps by color. Very interesting! I do have a hard time splitting up fabrics from the same line... Wow, you guys have given me so much to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someday, I hope to get my stash that organized!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.